A.E.3 being “After Expansion Three”, of course!
I really had planned to write a big ol’ epic story about getting Cataclysm. But really, it just involved me standing in line, listening to other late-night-shopper’s WoW stories. As I was flying solo (Chawa was smart and went to bed), I managed to entertain myself by playing a game in my head while listening to the aforementioned stories. I named the game, “Who’s Lie is it, Anyway?”
Anyway, I’m supposed to be preparing for a meeting, so I’m going to give a quick little summary of my thoughts of the expansion, thus far:
- I should have installed and went to bed. Starting zones were frustraingly overcrowded.
- I’m loving the cut scenes while questing.
- Vashj’ir – Do the quest chains there. The finale is EPIC! And something about a seahorse mount…?
- Tides of the Throne is a neat instance, although it didn’t seem to require any CC. This may change for other instances and/or Heroics.
- I got my DK to level 83 on day 1, no rested XP. Either I’m insane or leveling isn’t quite as lengthy as it was for WotLK. I’m guessing that because questing is more streamlined, that it’s also more efficient.
- I’m not looking forward to leveling professions as I think it will be a tad hellish.
- Pacheco has fired up an excellent introduction to Archaeology. With a Part 1.5, as well!
- I don’t like the weekly cap on guild rep. I understand why they’re doing it, but given I’m a co-GM of our guild, I should be at exalted, damnit! (Then again, maybe my guild doesn’t like me all that much? 🙂 )
- I do like that our casual guild seems to be able to reach the guild XP cap every day (or very close to it).
All in all, I’m pretty happy with the expansion and I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen. I look forward to being able to dive in head-first again on the weekend. Wheee!
What are your impressions, thus far?